Friday 11 November 2011

11.11.11

IT'S ABI'S BIRTHDAY
(She is 11 years old today.)

It is Armistice Day today. At 11 o'clock we will have a two minutes silence to remember our dead.

My daughter, Abigail is 11 years old today. She regrets she was not born at 11 o'clock though. She was born just after midnight on the 11th November 2000. It will be a hundred years before others will be able to say,

" Today is my birthday. I am 11years old on the 11th day of the 11th month in the 11th year of this century."

Here is a piece of art my daughter Emily made for Abigail, her sister. I am not sure what it means but in the top left corner the words "Emily, Abigail," appear many, many times.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Emily. Lovely gift.

    In the US, Armistice Day is now Veteran's Day. It should be "Thank a Vet Day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's quite talented, Tony. Love the frame.

    ReplyDelete